Activities on the farm
- Explore the property on the many hiking and walking tracks.
- Guided 4 wheeler or 4 wheel drive tours. POA
- Guided 4 wheeler fishing tours, morning or afternoon sessions. POA
- We have a super cross track for the bike enthusiasts, suitable for BMX or motorbike.
- Cool off in the swimming dam or down at the river. Walking distance from the homestead.
- Feed the chooks and collect the eggs.
We have a Jersey milking cow Buttercup due to have a calf in a few weeks. We will be conducting milking demonstrations, then enjoy delicious Devonshire tea with fresh cream.
Feeding the animals
We currently have 3 poddy calves, BJ the Hereford, Bobby the Angus and Gretel the Jersey calf. All bucket and bottle feeding.
We have two pet sheep, Betty and Bonny who love food and going for walks.
There are 5 miniature ponies, Abby, Faith, Cleo, Eugene and Bolino.
Flying in Groups
We have two airstrips for the aviation enthusiasts. Groups or individuals welcome.
Small recreational aircraft can fly in for a fully catered relaxing holiday tailored to your needs. Come for a night, weekend or longer. Discovered the rural beauty of the New England.
Activities off farm
Glen Innes has 3 special events each year:
– Celtic Festival. 1st – 5th May 2014. For more details see their website.
– Beardy Festival. November, check their website to confirm dates.
– Minerama Fossicking, Gem Show & Jewellery Show. The next event is 7th – 9th March 2014.
– Local wineries
– National parks
– Tourist drives, to take in the countryside and small villages.