The Homestead

The Homestead was originally called “Athlone”, the Sloman family travelled on the ship called the Canton from England to Australia. The house was build in 1917 when Ozzie and Lucy Sloman were married and built the home to raised their family. We bought the home in 2001 from Robert Sloman their son who was born here. We spent 10 years restoring the house which comprises of 4 bedrooms, sleep out and fully self contained accommodation in the guest quarters. This adjoins the main house for those who wish to be pampered and have meals prepared.

The Severn River is the boundary of the property for approximately 4 kms, which meanders through pasture land and rugged bushy out crops. Fishing holes are plentiful.
Dundee was a thriving town many years ago, however, now only consists of rural families, a community hall, tennis courts and an Anglican church.